This food and wine tour in Turin gives you the chance to explore its best culinary tradition and discover the most renown dishes and the recipes that Turinese people love. The most iconic are the fragrant breadsticks accompanied with local cured meats, the famous first courses with ingredients from the Turinese territory and the meats, the very strength of cuisine from Piedmont.
Finally, to conclude an actual Turinese meal, one cannot miss the delicious desserts from the local food tradition. Here is a list of your possible tastings! [readmore]
- Handmade breadsticks - did you know that they were first invented in Turin? We will taste the handmade ones, in one of the best wine bars of the city, along with an extraordinary glass of wine from Piedmont.
- Cheeses and cured meats from Piedmont - Piedmont region has a longstanding experience in cheeses, among which there are several guaranteed of origin (DOC and DOP) ones. We will taste some of the ones most loved in Italy!
- Agnolotti -traditional stuffed pasta from the Monferrato area, filled with meat and vegetables, served since centuries with the sauce of roasted meat (“arrosto”). If one wants to enjoy the traditional cuisine of Turin, this is not to be missed.
- Tajarin - delicious fresh pasta, directly from the farmers’ tradition in the Langhe area.
- Tartare - is a meat dish made from raw ground Piedmont beef meat. It is often served with a raw egg yolk, and on fresh rye bread with vegetables aside. For those who do not love raw meat, we offer a delicious and creamy veggie pie, topped with local melted cheeses.
- Stuffed potatoes - with gourmet toppings on choice among several local ingredients.
- Handmade chocolate confections - Turin is the capital of chocolate, because in this very city the first praline was ever confectioned in 1800. We will taste the most loved ones in the city!
- Bicerin - traditional warm beverage of coffee, milk and chocolate of different textures. A delicacy which remained unaltered since 1763 and the sweetest way for concluding our tour