Your phone is probably full of Eiffel Tower photos, and that means that it’s time to head out of the city! Venture out of Paris and capture the best moments of your French trips.
- Raise your camera above the crowds and photograph the impressive chandeliers in the Versailles Palace Hall of Mirrors.
- It’s selfie time with your favorite Disney character in Disneyland Paris!
- Snap a shot of you walking over the famous Japanese bridge in Giverny. It’s the same one as in Monet's Water Lily Pond painting.
Choose your best snap from the most instagrammable shots of the day trips in Paris listed above. Post it on your IG, and tag #dotravelgram for a chance to be featured!
1. Paris to Versailles - 23 km
Spend a full day exploring the marvelous Palace of Versailles and its gorgeous gardens on a Day Trip to Versailles from Paris. Discover the various rooms of art, sculptures, enormous stained glass windows, light fixtures, and artwork covering the ceilings.
2. Paris to Disneyland - 40 km
Meet your favorite Disney characters, visit Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, and try out more than 300 rides! Book a day trip to Disneyland Paris and enjoy the perfect family adventure!
3. Paris to Giverny - 75 km
The picturesque trees, plants, and the bridge taking you across the pond are like something out of an Agatha Christie novel. Giverny was the inspiration for Claude Monet’s artworks. The village attracts a significant amount of attention each year, and for this reason, tours sell out fast. Make sure to reserve day trips to Giverny from Paris ahead of time.
4. Paris to Champagne - 140 km
Visit the historic Champagne region, home to the sparkling beverage, on a day trip to Champagne from Paris. Learn where Moet, Veuve Clicquot, and Dom Perignon are produced. A wine tasting from Paris guided tour takes you around the most famous vineyards.
5. Paris to Normandy - 200 km
Gain knowledge of the infamous Normandy landings during World War II. Reserve your Normandy day trip from Paris and explore the events and consequences of D Day. Travel through the Arromanches, Colleville-Sur-Mer commune, Omaha Beach and Pointe du Hoc.
6. Paris to the Loire Valley - 200 km
- Try your hand at finding all the 100+ castles around Loire Valley.
- Climb the double spiral staircase in the Château de Chambord.
- Visit the castle that was mostly run by women, Château Chenonceau.
- Marvel at the reflection of the Château of Amboise over the River Loire.
There is a significant distance between palaces, so book day trips from Paris to the Loire Valley to travel with ease.
Unsure on where to go? Whether you are interested in visiting villages, parks, or impressive castles, there are many Paris excursions you can choose!
- Family Vacation: Disneyland Paris and Parc Astérix are ideal theme parks for kids and grown-ups both to enjoy. Buy the Disneyland Paris tickets 2021 in advance.
- Nature Vacation: Take a day off from visiting the City of Lights on unique day trips to the biggest parks of the Île-de-France region. Some of them include the Thoiry Zoological garden and the Vexin Francais Regional Nature Park.
- Royal Vacation: France is well known for its vast amount of castles. If you want to walk on the steps of the French monarchy, Château de Fontainebleau, Château d’Amboise, and Versailles Château are some of the best palaces you can visit.
- History Vacation: If you’re a history fan, Somme and Normandy are great options for a memorable trip. Explore the remains of the 1916 Battle of the Somme (World War I) and the D Day landings area (World War II).